Sunday, August 23, 2009
One-Shoulder Bikinis / Monokinis
if you have a well-built and beautiful body, any kind of a swimming suit would fit you, but imagine how much attention you will get, if you show up on the beach in an attractive model of the fashion designers' latest collections. Swimming suits with one shoulder-strap are a hit this year, as well as full-body swimming suits with lots of complicated cuts and various shapes.
1. Marios Schwab married the one-shouldered bikini with the cutaway bikini trend on his Spring/Summer 2009 runway at London Fashion Week. This particular piece also uses Summer florals taking what a risqué bikini to a girl level. It's cut and under-strapping make this a particular good piece for smaller chested girls.
2. Victoria's Secret included a single-shouldered piece in their 2008 line-up. More notable for it's side-tie briefs, this attention grabbing feature makes it a good bikini for girls whose legs are stand out.
3. A one-shouldered monokini was naturually used on Hervé Léger by Max Azria's Spring/Summer 2009 catwalk but sadly with no-where near the same sex appeal as other pieces in the collection. Read cut-away swimwear below for more
4. Under his own name Max Azria also sent a single-shouldered monikini down the catwalk, again pairing it with the cut-away trend. This particular piece stands out for it's use of a buckle clasp to join the body fabric with the shoulder. As with piece 3, smaller breasted girls are probably to avoid these particular cuts as they their black fabric will need some filling out to look best.
5. While not truly a one-shoulder monokini, Gottex's piece from their Spring/Summer 2009 collection has the same visual effect. It's clever halter neck also allows for a more revealing but and better support.
6. Finally, if you still have access to 2008 pieces; Gucci debuted their sophisticated take on the one-shouldered monokini as a part of their Spring/Summer 2008 collection.